Ionic is the beautiful, free and open source mobile SDK for developing native and progressive web apps with ease. Ionic Framework offers the best web and native app components for building highly interactive native and progressive web apps.
It is a complete open-source SDK for hybrid mobile app development. "Ionic", are built on Angular. Ionic provides tools and services for developing hybrid mobile apps using Web technologies like CSS, HTML5, and Sass. Apps can be built with these Web technologies and then distributed through native app stores to be installed on devices by leveraging Cordova. Ionic Creator is a drag-and-drop interface building tool.
- It is fully cross platform
- It uses over 120 native device features like Bluetooth, HealthKit, Finger Print Auth, and more with Cordova/PhoneGap plugins and TypeScript extensions.
- Ionic is the only mobile app stack that enables web developers apps for all major app stores and the mobile web with a single code base.
- Besides the SDK, Ionic also provides services that developers can use to enable features, such as push notifications, A/B testing, analytics, code deploys, and automated builds.
- Performance - Ionic is built to perform and behave great on the latest mobile devices with best practices like efficient hardware accelerated transitions, and touch-optimized gestures.
- Ionic is focused on building for modern Web standards and for modern mobile devices. For Android, Ionic supports Android 4.1 and up. For iOS, Ionic supports iOS 7 and up. Ionic 2 supports the Universal Windows Platform for building Windows 10 apps.Ionic Framework, powered by Angular.js, supports BlackBerry 10 apps.